prepaid cards

paddy10tellyspaddy10tellys Posts: 244 Bronze ✭✭✭
I have has two prepaid cards (USD & EUR) from when I first opened a personal account but I have never used them & they are not showing up in my holding.

Now that I have decided to use them I can't.

Any tips/advice please anyone?
@MaxLamb ?
Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• MaxLambMaxLamb Posts: 41 Staff ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @paddy10tellys , unfortunately your pre-paid cards cannot be transferred from your Goldmoney Personal Account to your Goldmoney Holding when you migrate. You will have to apply for new cards which will then be linked to your Holding for future use.

If you require any assistance with this process, please feel free to send a private message to your Relationship Manager, or give us a call and we can talk you through it.
  • paddy10tellyspaddy10tellys Posts: 244 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @MaxLamb do I get the new cards for free?
    @MaxLamb will you automatically transfer the existing balance on the old cards to the new card? (for free?)
  • mau5trapmau5trap Posts: 24 Tin ✭
    Your cards should still be linked to your personal account. Try activating the card and funding it through your personal account. Worked for me in December after not activating for almost 2 years.
  • madura199madura199 Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    I have cancelled my prepaid master card. How can I get a new card/ how can I activate the previous card .
    Plz help me.
  • GoldStandardCanadianGoldStandardCanadian Posts: 148 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I had my prepaid card funds stolen a few months ago. A bunch of totally fraudulent charges indicating from a company called “Pro-Biller”and some obscure charges in Cyprus. I’m a Canadian and flabbergasted that Mastercard doesn’t have any geo-restrictions on their prepaid cards against some banana republic like Cyprus. I first learned of this country when people had their bank funds frozen. Anyway - So I emailed Goldmoney who advised they would get a hold of Mastercard to see what steps could be taken and get back to me. But I still haven’t heard anything.

My bullion holdings were not affected, but this is a warning to anyone, based on my experience, that if you leave cash on a prepaid card, it is vulnerable to getting hacked. I lost about a couple hundred, perhaps mostly a nuissance, but I will be extremely weary if Goldmoney / Mastercard doesn’t introduce security measures to stop this from happening. Paddy - I also was seeing my prepaid card info disappear from visibility before this happened, so I’m not sure if they’re fighting widespread hacking / theft or what.

I don’t want to alarm anyone. I want Goldmoney to be a successful company. I even own shares in XAU. But I kind of want my money back.
  • paddy10tellyspaddy10tellys Posts: 244 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @MaxLamb thanks. Answer accepted. @mau5trap @madura199 @GoldStandardCanadian your kind replies are very much appreicated