Is gold on 'special' this week at Goldmoney?
So I have to wonder, at the time I looked, why is Goldmoney quoting a 'spot price' of $55.16/gr, (Quote as presented on the 'Personal acct' page), while at the same time Bullion-Vault and Sharps-Pixley are quoting $55.898 and $55. 889 per gram respectively?
- This is a difference of approx. .73 cents per gram.
The price per gram difference may not seem significant to some, but by extension, one should a little concerned when one is dealing with 10's of thousands of dollars in gold ounces.
Goldmoney's 'spot quote' of $55.16/gm = $1715.67/ounce (Canadian).
Sharps-Pixley's spot quote of $55.898/gm = $1738.62/ounce (Cad.)
- This is a difference of $22.95 dollars per ounce!
This is great news if you plan on buying today. A discount of $22.95 below the going market price anywhere else! A bargain!
- However, if you should happen to a seller today.. you will also be getting a discount on your returns upon sale! Ouch!
I don't understand how, in this day of advanced technologies, Goldmoney's quote service can be so far out of sync with all the other quote services, which apparently are able to be within a several cents of each other on their quotes?
- Again yes, I know Goldmoney's quotes are 'the average between vaults' ..but still, $22.95 per ounce?
- Thus far this has been the equivalent of 1/2 gram worth of gold, for every ounce of gold, bought or sold.!