H. R. 5404 To define the dollar as a fixed weight of gold.

Comments

• RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 598 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. That is HUGE if it passes. Any guesses on the likelihood of it passing? In 30 months from it passing, will Donald Trump still be president, will the House still be conservative, will it be revoked? Or will they just push out the effective date for a really long period of time?
    I know that in the age of Trump, some smart things happen sooner than we can imagine (after the last 20 years of lameness) but it still seems too good to be true. I hope it happens. Thanks for posting @GoldNRoll.
  • GoldNRollGoldNRoll Posts: 134 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @RocketDog
    My pleasure :smile:
    I put a recurring event in my calendar to check the status of the bill once a week.
  • CampeadorCampeador Posts: 207 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Great catch, thanks!!
  • tomartotomarto Posts: 112 Copper ✭✭
    very skeptical..................infact this bill wont happen.....deep state supress gold......gold cartel.
  • GoldNRollGoldNRoll Posts: 134 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @tomarto
    I keep monitoring this bill :smile:

About gold rising or being suppressed, I think it's all speculation. The world is so complex that no one can say what will be the price of gold in one month or by the end of the year.
    We can't really know if gold will rise with inflation, sometimes prices go up and gold drops. The only thing we know is that in a financial crisis people run to alternatives to whatever is impacted by the crisis, and also to low risk assets. Gold being one of them.
    If this bubble with burst in one year or 7, we don't know. These guys are guessing and the market bets on their guessing.
    Less people know, more they pretend to know. And people like stories, guessing and betting... part of the human nature.