US clients move on ?

ReallylikecryptoReallylikecrypto Posts: 50 Copper ✭✭
No more debit cards (OCT 31ST,) ACH long gone..... down to wire tranfers, do you trust it?

New cards will be available after a you verify, re verify and then certify that you reverified by re verifying again.

Honestly, if you want to have PM savings, then why not just use a US based service like APMEX or GoldSilver and use their storage options so you don't have to trade your metal with a pawn broker? Of course there are losses on the premiums, but after you add up the fees for GM and you know that you can access the stuff, why not? If you didn't need the card everyday no worries, but what if you wanted to? Better hope the wire works out. If not the CS can confirm that they confirmed and that their colleagues can confirm again that they will confirm once they get the verification that they can confirm that they in fact need to confirm again.

Anybody got any experience with using another service ?

Comments

• IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 167 Bronze ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    I had a problem today where they would not allow me deposit!
    Normally use a credit card but that option looks like it has been removed from the personal account as an option. Awaiting to hear what CS has to say.
    I posted previously the Goldmoney app is gone from the Irish store, but when you search for it , GoldenSuisse comes up which does a similar role as Goldmoney with Gold coins.
    Have not used another service but if GM keeps restricting access then that is definitely an option for me.
  • Lone_StarrLone_Starr Posts: 104 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Reallylikecrypto Are you talking about the old personal accounts?
  • MIKKINGMIKKING Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    Same thing for me, Paypal and cards are not allowed, i call London i they said to me to look at the comunications, that i have not recived
  • ReallylikecryptoReallylikecrypto Posts: 50 Copper ✭✭
    @Lone_Starr I'm talking about the Holding not the old personal.
    Thank you. I didn't see the announcement.
    I found it in my inbox. Looks like an EU regulation and not a spur of the moment Goldmoney change.

Effective Date: October 31th, 2018

Dear Valued Client,

Thank you for using your Goldmoney Mastercard® Prepaid Card. In a long-standing partnership with Wirecard, one of the leading prepaid debit card bank issuers in the world, we are able to offer our Goldmoney prepaid card program.

Recently, the European Union (“EU”) has announced new regulations that restrict the issuance of prepaid debit cards to anyone residing outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). As a result of this regulatory change, Goldmoney is required to modify its card issuing program for non-EEA clients.

We are working diligently to resolve this and resume regular service to all of our clients affected by this change as soon as possible. It does mean, however, that Goldmoney clients will be required to apply for a new Goldmoney prepaid card.

What it means for you:

All existing cardholders must spend their remaining balance by October 31, 2018. Any remaining balances on your Goldmoney Mastercard following this date would require clients to submit a claim with our prepaid card issuer. If clients wish to use funds from their prepaid cards to add funds to their Goldmoney Holding and repurchase metal, they may do so before October 31, 2018. Goldmoney will ensure that you will not lose any of your card balance throughout this process.
    We will require you to request your Goldmoney prepaid card once again, via your Goldmoney Holding, once we are able to reinstate our prepaid card program to clients that reside outside the EEA (“EEA”).

The Goldmoney team is working hard to ensure that there is minimum disruption.
  • ReallylikecryptoReallylikecrypto Posts: 50 Copper ✭✭
    Probably going to lose on funding the holding with the debit card to repurchase metals in this case. I hope that it would not be the case though due to the suddenness of it. This has got to be the reason why the metal card never shipped or was confirmed. Also people will have to return their metal cards and reapply to get one back!
  • IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 167 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Lone_Starr
    Thanks for posting. At least it explains it.