Comments

• FutureFuture Posts: 8 Tin ✭
    Hi @Goldmatters
    I missed the conference call. Do you know where a replay or a transcript is available? As a shareholder i really loking forward to get some more information about the developments...
    Thx for your answer.
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 4,021 Admin
    @Future I am hoping a recording will be avaliable. If there is, I will post here :)
  • FutureFuture Posts: 8 Tin ✭
    Ok. Thx a lot.
  • whizzwhizz Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    edited November 2018
    Financial results for Q2/2019?
    I love when people are forward-thinking and ahead of time...
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 4,021 Admin
    edited November 2018
    @whizz Yeah this was confusing for me for a long time too. It’s not a typo even though it looks that way. I think Its a Canadian thing and as far as my knowledge other Canadian Financial results have those dates that look like they are in the future for some reason .
  • RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 765 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Corporations can choose when to start their fiscal year in USA. Maybe something like that happening there?
  • mr1mr1 Posts: 375 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Fiscal year is usually denoted by calendar year in which it ends.

Goldmoney's fiscal year starts in April, so:
    Apr-Jun 2018 is Q1 2019
    Jul-Sep 2018 is Q2 2019
    Oct-Dec 2018 is Q3 2019
    Jan-Mar is Q4 2019
  • bennettbennett Posts: 16 Tin ✭
    So the Chief Strategy Officer has resigned, and the CEO is busy running another company. Great.
  • powslayerpowslayer Posts: 118 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @GoldIsCurrency This is from Roy's Twitter it's a comment he made to someone....... "Cant discuss the stock price. You should know the company has a buyback in place and we buy shares almost every week." Hope it helps cheer you up!
  • RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 765 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2018
    We can't depend on company buybacks alone to keep the stock price up. We need investor confidence and enthusiasm. Maybe there is enough solidity in the buy & store gold business that the Goldmoney leadership know they have a solid business model? But the investors, esp the original BitGold crowd see this as a fintech company and want to see the all the technical razzle dazzle they have become accustomed to in that marketplace? Or is there a lack of attention here?

And thank you @mr1 for posting the fiscal calendar for Goldmoney. (It does seem odd that everything is labeled 2019, good to get educated.)
    It is sad to see Josh take a step back from goldmoney. Roy did mention that he was looking for a CEO to run blockvault. Anyone think that Josh is moving into that position?
  • GoldIsCurrencyGoldIsCurrency Posts: 1,808 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2018
    powslayer said:

@GoldIsCurrency This is from Roy's Twitter it's a comment he made to someone....... "Cant discuss the stock price. You should know the company has a buyback in place and we buy shares almost every week." Hope it helps cheer you up!

Thanks for letting me know @powslayer I wasn't aware. I hadn't seen anything on Canadian Insider but Iit appears GM is holding off from reporting it which is their right to do so.

I am sad to see Josh go. I had the opportunity to meet him at a couple of events and found him not only to be intelligent but also a down to earth gentleman. Through his twitter account he had made a post after a long flight and I have to say was looking extremely run down. All those flights around the world have a toll on your body. It can be extremely tough on the old biological clock. I wish him well and hope he takes care of himself.

I had mentioned the CEO position in my prior post which was out of line. Possibly a better route and now with Josh no longer there maybe Goldmoney could look at hiring a Director of Business Development. I would just like to see someone that has full time cycles available to focus on growing Goldmoney. I also know finding the right fit is tough to do.

I held my XAU shares looking at the forward potential to Goldmoney China as well as Mene. I was rather perturbed to read Goldmoney China wasn't going to be moving forward. That was half of the reason why I had held my XAU shares. The highlight is the other 50% because I see Mene has the potential to be gigantic so I am grateful for any MENE shares that will be issued to XAU shareholders over time.

The only problem that I have seen with how Mene has operated to date is their lack of ability to keep production anywhere near close to demand. I laughed at Mene's current sales number as they are only a mere fraction of what it would be to date if adequate inventory was always in stock. With that being said I was elated to read Mene's recent announcement of an Equity offering where it references some of the funds will be used to expand inventory. Inventory has been the only Mene weakness I have seen. Customer satisfaction, quality, price, the beautiful packaging, everything else is in line with near perfection. So I am hopeful with these funds they will be able to ramp up production to a level where they always have stock available. There are very simple inventory planning formula's that can be used in a jit environment to never go out of stock. I hope the production manager or inventory planner is on their game.

• GoldIsCurrencyGoldIsCurrency Posts: 1,808 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    powslayer said:

It doesn't look like every week to me. All I see on Canadian Insider is 1 purchase for 40,000 shares and that was it! We are trading near cash. You have to wonder what is management thinking? Money is the bank. What am I missing here?

Dec 11/18 Dec 11/18 Goldmoney Inc. Direct Ownership Common Shares 38 - Redemption, retraction, cancellation, repurchase 40,000 $1.54
    They are playing the long game IMO getting all they bugs worked out and the platform running smooth. Unfortunately this is taking way longer than I expected and it seems as though it could take much much longer. Next earnings release will show how many shares they purchased I hope. Going by Canadian insider Roy's tweet does seem misleading. If the price of gold ever moves up towards 2000 per ounce I would think that would make this stock explode to the upside.