Not getting approved ? Read this.

GadsillaGadsilla Posts: 64 Copper ✭✭
So, my account has been confirmed at GoldMoney. It took me about 6 months through what felt like a very exhaustive legal battle. Now. It is important to understand that if you're struggling with getting approved it isn't due to GM being hard on you or wishing that you don't get approved. GM really wants you to get approved, I noticed myself that it was tempting to get annoyed and act on emotions especially when I wasn't able to withdraw funds. However, one has to remember that goldmoney has to follow multiple international regulations.

Now with that said my reasoning for having such difficulties around getting approved is my constant movement around the world residing in different countries. So here's how I got approved.

1) First off, just keep sending GM in the sorts of documentation you've got. If you're missing some form of documentation just send in whatever the closest you've got. GM WILL do their best to work with you, they'll try to accommodate the situation if it is an option.

2) If you can't provide certain forms of documentation tell them so. It was very hard for me to provide the documentation needed as I am currently living the U.S while being from Norway. Just remember to tell them. ''I can't provide documentation for that, is there anything else I can do''

3) Ask for updates on how the situation is going. When GM gets stuck on something it seems that they just drop the issue without getting back to you. Therefore you should ask for updates on the situation, in my experience GM has been very quick in their responses as long as I insist on being updated.

4) I'd like to stress this. Don't give up. Don't go and have a fit about it, GM is your friend and they'll do everything that is within their power to approve you. I experienced twice that the documentation I sent in was somehow lost in the approval process which my relationship worker wasn't aware of. So when I asked my relationship worker on an update on the situation I had to re-send my ID documents again for the exact same process. ASK !

I know it isn't much, but I see a lot of people struggling with getting approved which is causing GM to get very negative reviews. GM should in my opinion remove the option to deposit funds before individuals are approved so they'll prevent getting negative reviews from people that immediately give up on the process. If it wasn't for my client constantly pushing me on GM I admittedly would've gave up myself.

GM is a very virtuous and sound company that wants you to succeed as well. Your success is their success.

Here's my approval ;
https://gyazo.com/08d3b9742060d32582cd3689b09f94c9

My work causing constant relocating:
https://gyazo.com/06d151fb181c5eec10ca5af699d0f191

Comments

• GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 3,841 Admin
    Thanks for this infor @Gadsilla

I am glad you got approved
  • GadsillaGadsilla Posts: 64 Copper ✭✭

Thanks for this infor @Gadsilla

I am glad you got approved

Thank you, I appreciate that. Can't wait to build a stronger position :smile:
  • RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 675 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Gadsilla, thank you for the update and congratulations on being approved! I too have found the situation that you describe, where an issue gets dropped. It seems they lack the automatic triggers or reminders that a big company like Amazon must have to push their list of unfulfilled orders in queue. I also agree with you that people should not be able to deposit before they get verified, because their money is trapped until they are verified.
  • GadsillaGadsilla Posts: 64 Copper ✭✭
    RocketDog said:

Hi @Gadsilla, thank you for the update and congratulations on being approved! I too have found the situation that you describe, where an issue gets dropped. It seems they lack the automatic triggers or reminders that a big company like Amazon must have to push their list of unfulfilled orders in queue. I also agree with you that people should not be able to deposit before they get verified, because their money is trapped until they are verified.

Yep. I've found that what you described in an earlier post about how the system runs really smooth when you're properly setup to be correct. I'm depositing gradually larger amounts without any issues experiencing no sort of problem.