New to GM... many many questions. Everything is feeling very sketchy. Is it just me?

As you all know... setting up a new account is NOT easy. The only system would not accept my photos even though I have a very new top of the line studio desktop. So I had to mail in a packet of documents through UPS which cost about $40 due to the fact I'm sending very delicate personal info to Canada. So, after about a month the account was finally approved. Great.

Next hurdle was getting it set up and funded. The first transfer seemed to go easy. My first gold purchase seemed easy enough. A month later I went in to wire more money. BIG mistake. After 10 days it never went through. The bank had no record of it. Gold Money site simply said "Awaiting Receipt"... after 10 days I contacted customer service and they said they would contact someone to look into it. nobody ever responded. I then used Paypal which funded my account within hours. I then when to buy more gold and after 3 days there is no notification by email and nothing on the site suggesting I made this purchase. Paypal records show that a charge was indeed made. It registers in my total funds but no gold is being purchased. Hmmm. Okay. Sooo?

I contact customer support. they always say they will contact you within 24 hours. Not really.

So okay... now I'm suspicious. Will I even be able to get my money out if I need to one day? I just started funding but I better figure this out before I go too far right? So I request a prepaid card. Suddenly this is no longer available... but the customer service rep does'n't even think to tell me WHAT or HOW to withdraw... why the hell would I ask about this just to hear that it doesnt' exist? Its as if they are completely annoyed that we even exist.

So, my wires will not go through ..nobody knows why... and there is no prepaid card. All I understand is that I can use Paypal to keep loading money... perhaps eventually a gold purchase will show up. Who knows.

Is it just me? What am I doing wrong? Why does this all feel so sketchy? Is anyone else having these issues?

HOW do you take out money if wires and prepaid cards are not an option? I'm completely lost here. So if I want to just give up and take out what I've invested thus far.... how do I go about that? Just feel like this isn't going to end well for me. It all feels very sketchy.

Any advice?

Answers

• nienie Posts: 89 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Did you call them?
  • GadsillaGadsilla Posts: 130 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Goldmoney is legitimate. However, due to all the regulations from different countries they've got to follow there's a lot of potential problems that can occur. I therefore recommend testing out every part of deposting, selling and withdrawing to check that everything works before depositing any large amounts.
  • mpdmanmpdman Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    I've had Gmoney for about 5 years, and it seems to get more "sketchy" as time goes along. I know there are government regulations, but just the website gives me the willies. Today I logged in to see my prepaid card limit. I clicked on "Prepaid Cards", and nothing showed up. BLANK SCREEN.
    Then I went back to home screen, and now "Prepaid Cards" doesn't even show up?!?!? It's gone. I only had a few hundred on it, but wtf is that all about.
    I am going to try to get my doe out of here somehow.
  • mpdmanmpdman Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    And Gadsilla asked "did you call them?". How do you call them? Where is the number?
  • mr1mr1 Posts: 373 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    > @mpdman said:
    > Today I logged in to see my prepaid card limit. I clicked on "Prepaid Cards", and nothing showed up. BLANK SCREEN.
    > Then I went back to home screen, and now "Prepaid Cards" doesn't even show up?!?!? It's gone. I only had a few hundred on it, but wtf is that all about.

Are you in the US? I don't remember all the details why, but in late 2018 Goldmoney's card issuer would/could no longer issue US debit cards so they were all cancelled. Goldmoney says they're looking for a new option for US residents I believe. In order to get the funds from the cancelled card you have to submit some type of request (seems like they should have done that automatically for everyone).

Goldmoney did send out an email about this but I think many people didn't see it. The whole thing seems to have been handled kind of poorly.
    > @mpdman said:
    > And Gadsilla asked "did you call them?". How do you call them? Where is the number?

I think the phone numbers are supposed to only be for Holdings (not the old personal accounts) but here they are:

US:
    +1 855-583-GOLD (4653)

UK and international
    +44 1534-633-900
    > @WLFTL said:
    > HOW do you take out money if wires and prepaid cards are not an option?

Bank wires should still be available. They are the main method of withdrawing funds. There do seem to be frequent problems with them though, and Goldmoney doesn't seem proactive at all in notifying members when there is a problem, and customer service isn't alwaysvery responsive. That said, those that persist will eventually get their funds.
  • Xbandit27Xbandit27 Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    Really bad service. Open a Holding account takes forever... The whole process is a pain... Coup[le of months an my account still not fully verified an functional. So greatly disappointed.
    If you have a twitter account, I suggest expressing that frustration directly to Roy Sebag. I think he needs to hear from more customers directly and feel our pain.