My 2nd MENE Order

BigMouseBigMouse Posts: 116 Bronze ✭✭✭
Hi,
My Mene order came this morning but Fedex asked me to pay $100+ on tax (Canada Ontario GST). I did not remember paying tax last time when I placed 1st order. Also I remember one time Roy mentioned the Tax applies to fee only. The metal itself has no tax since it is considered money (24k). Now I check Mene website it does says Tax applies to whole amount. I did not take the package ask asked Fedex to return. The Mene customer service is very good though. I am just disappointed at paying tax on whole amount now.

Comments

• powslayerpowslayer Posts: 116 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I ordered my wife a ring back when mene first started for Christmas 2017. I had to pay tax over the phone for it to be released from the border.
  • powslayerpowslayer Posts: 116 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I'm in BC Canada
  • BigMouseBigMouse Posts: 116 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Ok, I changed my mind. Paid tax to Fedex and got the product. It is beautiful. Will keep it.
  • GoldNRollGoldNRoll Posts: 184 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I had a problem in Romania too. Only bullion coins and bars of not less than 2 grams are VAT exempt.
    Usually for imports the carrier charges only customs fee and it's up to me, the buyer, to declare (or not) the purchase in my annual forms and pay VAT.
    But FedEx doesn't even ask, they pay VAT and when the carrier brings the package to me I have to pay VAT upfront to them. The problem is FedEx payed VAT for the full value of the jewelry, though I payed 100 USD less for the jewelry using points. Same problem if I use a gift card...
    But now I learned and for subsequent purchases I'll declare to the customs the amount payed as being the full value of the jewelry.