Ethereum or Bitcoin

nienie Bronze ✭✭✭Posts: 135 Bronze ✭✭✭
The biggest argument for diversification might be the protection from risks. This is why I like to invest into cryptocurrencies – in the range of 1 to 3% of my portfolio. What do you like more in the current situation (value of the coins): Ethereum or Bitcoin?

Comments

• GoldNRollGoldNRoll Bronze ✭✭✭ Posts: 213 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Far from being an expert, but I think Ether has more substance and backing (not as much as gold, but still):

"Ether is a necessary element — a fuel — for operating the distributed application platform Ethereum. It is a form of payment made by the clients of the platform to the machines executing the requested operations. To put it another way, ether is the incentive ensuring that developers write quality applications (wasteful code costs more), and that the network remains healthy (people are compensated for their contributed resources)."

"In March 2017, various blockchain start-ups, research groups, and Fortune 500 companies announced the creation of the Enterprise Ethereum Alliance (EEA) with 30 founding members. By May, the nonprofit organization had 116 enterprise members—including ConsenSys, CME Group, Cornell University's research group, Toyota Research Institute, Samsung SDS, Microsoft, Intel, J. P. Morgan, Cooley LLP, Merck KGaA, DTCC, Deloitte, Accenture, Banco Santander, BNY Mellon, ING, and National Bank of Canada. By July 2017, there were over 150 members in the alliance, including recent additions MasterCard, Cisco Systems, Sberbank and Scotiabank."
  • SpontaneousOrderSpontaneousOrder Bronze ✭✭✭ Posts: 302 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I think Hedera Hashgraph is going to eat blockchain's lunch.
  • nienie Bronze ✭✭✭ Posts: 135 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Well, I want to buy coins via GM because I do not want to take care of it (and I trust them).
  • GadsillaGadsilla Bronze ✭✭✭ Posts: 130 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Just as GM exits crypto.
  • nienie Bronze ✭✭✭ Posts: 135 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Ok, this was bad luck. At the end, I did not lose money by selling my coins yesterday.