Combibar looks great !

GadsillaGadsilla Posts: 130 Bronze ✭✭✭
Bought this in the slight support test gold had. What do you guys think ?

Comments

• nienie Posts: 148 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Physical gold is always impressive. I do not like paper with printed numbers on it.
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 4,054 Admin
    Nice to have some real money in your wallet :)
  • IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 196 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Hi @Gadsilla

Nice.
    I like the wallet card size. I always thought the combibar was more this - like a chocolate bar that you can break apart

https://www.coininvest.com/en/gold-bars/fine-weight-10g/10-x-1g-combibar-gold-valcambi/

Do you travel internationally? I would think yours is better as not sharp which the other Combibar could be considered or raise questions when going through scanners.

I was pulled over and questioned by customs when I had 20 silver 1oz coins a few years back that I bought in one country and brought them home . I have read people getting questioned with 1 oz gold coins.
    They let me go when I explained the value. Now I think Mene Jewellery is probably the best way to carry gold.

I am not a smuggler or anything just someone who does not trust banks with all my money but find it strange than they are checking more and more in customs for gold as you go through airports. 1 oz coins are a no go these days. 1/4 oz coins I find are not an issue with many other coins mixed in. They look the size of normal coins and so common to see in xrays. You can carry more value than your 10g but I have limited it to 2oz i.e. 8 1/4pz coins. Again I just buy them in 1 country and bring them home or carry them for emergencies.

Lastly the GoldMoney card is a great benefit (ok works for me but not all as European) assuming ATMs / Internet are operational.
    Again I like yours are does not depend on ATMs / electricity

Thanks for sharing
    @IrishGuy
  • GoldNRollGoldNRoll Posts: 223 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I like 1 gram bars, they're compatible with the dispenser :smiley:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=pcmIkaNt2_4
  • IrishGuyIrishGuy Posts: 196 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Gadsilla That is super. Hats off to the guy who designed it
  • Midas65Midas65 Posts: 47 Copper ✭✭
    I like it, but I really like the Royal Canadian Mint Maplegrams. Each one is in its own individual assay card with a unique serial number, and can be subdivided into smaller units or individual units and the cost point is pretty reasonable for fractional gold.
    But gold is gold and owning pure 9999 gold is always better than owning no gold.

• GoldNRollGoldNRoll Posts: 223 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I wonder what will be the future of gold money. Will it be like what GM does, but with XAU denominated cards, mobile payments and online transfers all in gold? In this case people won't see the gold in their hands. History says if we don't touch the gold, we end with fiat.
    On the other hand, gold cash at milligram level is expensive to mold and the cost of the blister/banknote/token would surpass that of the gold metal content. Any ideas?
  • mr1mr1 Posts: 375 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    I think the future could be Goldmoney for digital gold payments and the Aurum for physical gold paymenta.

For anyone not aware of the Aurum, you should check out Valaurum.com. They have been steadily decreasing their production costs and the overhead on their 1g aurum is starting to get closer to the overhead for other types of 1g products from other companies.

They can also make 1/10 gram products and can even lower. But if there is a need for smaller denominations, i think silver may need to fill that role for physical transactions.
  • GadsillaGadsilla Posts: 130 Bronze ✭✭✭
    It's great for scalping
  • GadsillaGadsilla Posts: 130 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @IrishGuy Yes I do travel. Never had any problems with prescious metals.