Bitcoin

pppppppp Posts: 17 Tin ✭
Great timing Goldmoney. Unable to sell Bitcoin right when a parabolic spike is going on. Did the process for withdrawal really need to drag on this long?

Comments

• powslayerpowslayer Posts: 116 Bronze ✭✭✭
    they got in at the top and out at the bottom. unbelievably bad timing. One of these years gold has to break out right?
  • pppppppp Posts: 17 Tin ✭
    Yep, well done Goldmoney. lol. basically shafting its customers from being able to sell a bit on this spike [has just gone form 3K to 6K]. I'm also now stuck in the quandary of how I get this money back into my fiat banking system at some point.

All very poorly thought out and erratic from what is supposed to be a company that prides themselves on their professionalism : (
    powslayer said:

they got in at the top and out at the bottom. unbelievably bad timing. One of these years gold has to break out right?

the two markets are not opposites. Bullion is going to move up with the next cycle in Crypto I think... A lot of people who bought Bitcoin will be taking profits in gold... also pushing up prices. There seems to be no macro understanding of what's going on by goldmoney. I think they just decided the two were mortal enemies and washed their hands of it... lol
    powslayer said:

Yeah, a double disaster for their customers. At least if they'd stuck with it, their customers who bought the spike up would have been OK with the recovery underway now.

I mean if you decide to get involved, you should stick without it. Not just suddenly pull the rug out from their customers feet. Surprised not to see more annoyed customers not venting a little.
    I bought some BTC here at goldmoney when the price was 3.5K [after loosing some money on buying BTC at higher prices]. Bitcoin is now at 7.5K and am unable to sell a bit / take some profits/ cover some losses. Still in limbo waiting for the transfer. lol. You have to laugh right... right?
    8K now and counting [a parabolic spike]. I was forced to sell a bit at 5.8K [to keep some money in cash... as uncertainty now about converting BTC to cash from a hard wallet through the conventional banking system now] 5.8K was the deadline before the facility to exchange to cash was frozen. Ouch! Ouch! missed out on scratching back some of those losses big time. Thanks a lot goldmoney~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Meanwhile it has been 5 DAYS since the transfer was initiated. I've yet to receive the funds. 5 DAYS while the parabolic spike is playing out.... unbelievably bad timing : (
  • ProsperProsper Posts: 14 Tin ✭
    Anyone get their deposit yet? I have not. I know it said it would take some time but digital assets move fast. Did something else happen that made them jump out of cryptos? Binance just had to bounce back and things still aren't back to normal.
  • ProsperProsper Posts: 14 Tin ✭
    Well it’s complete. Transfer happened. We are out of Digital Assets. Oh well...
  • SecretsSecrets Posts: 58 Bronze ✭✭✭
    How long did it take from initiation? I assume you withdrew coins instead of selling them?
    Prosper said:

Anyone get their deposit yet? I have not. I know it said it would take some time but digital assets move fast. Did something else happen that made them jump out of cryptos? Binance just had to bounce back and things still aren't back to normal.

Yes, once the checks were done, and the phone call made for further security reasons, the transaction went through very quickly. The problem is I'm now sitting on BTC that is going through the roof without the ability to sell a bit and get those funds back into the conventional banking system. All in Crypto-land now. lol. Goldmoney have done their customers a real disservice here.
    Secrets said:

How long did it take from initiation? I assume you withdrew coins instead of selling them?

I was had to sell a bit before the cut off date to raise some funds. Unfortunately it was right before the spike. Terrible timing Goldmoney! i sold some at 5.8K, the price is now 8K and threatening to go truly parabolic.

It took them a week to further verify my hard wallet details for some reason. And then a phone call as it was considered a lot of funds. fter that the transaction went through quickly. But the whole process was a bit of a nightmare. Their are positives and negatives. Negatives being that I was unable to sell some on a spike, and keep those funds in the conventional banking system. Positives,I now have my own wallet, keys, and not paying Goldmoney for 'storage' lol.

Prosper said:

Well it’s complete. Transfer happened. We are out of Digital Assets. Oh well...

did you transfer to a hard wallet, or just sell to USD or gold. If so, that's unfortunate. Diversity is the name of the game here. What a shame Goldmoney got involved on the spike, and then sold at the bottom. Bit of a disaster really. I imagine it has really annoyed a lot of their customers.