notice of account closure received

paddy10tellyspaddy10tellys Posts: 249 Bronze ✭✭✭
I got an email from GM saying that they were going to close my holding account as I hadn't signed in for over three months...

That was alarming!

Also, the holding number wasn't correct

Was that someone trying to scam me or was it GM?

If it was GM what were they going to do with my Gold?
Tagged:

Comments

• emmettbemmettb Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    I just received the same. I was also alarmed at my account being closed. The saying "if you don't hold it, you don't own it" springs to my mind.

• bennettbennett Posts: 16 Tin ✭
    Same. Holding number was different as well.
  • mamalenamamalena Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    Wouldn't it be nice if somebody from Goldmoney spoke to this....?
  • RedrunkbullRedrunkbull Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    I received email as well, but the account number is right.
  • GoldNRollGoldNRoll Posts: 209 Bronze ✭✭✭
    You can confirm with the customer support, it's about old personal or business accounts. They were migrated to holdings so they have a holding number you probably don't know but they are associated with your identity.
  • RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 761 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe you guys opened another old Personal account that you don't remember having? And because you don't remember it, you haven't been in there for a while? You may be able to work that out with Support to transfer whatever tiny amount of gold (if any) you have in that other account into the account you are currently using. Or maybe somebody else tried to open an account in your name (identity theft) -- not sure how they would benefit from that other than trying to intercept your funds somehow into the fake account.
  • NuggetNugget Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    I also got the message regarding closing my account if I did not log in. So I logged in. I found the new contact that has to be opened before you can proceed to your account. It says, among many other things, that they can take your gold for themselves if you allow the account to be come dormant so log in regularly, perhaps once a month.
    In order to protect your gold holdings however it would be better to have them in your own possession to avoid having GM sieze it, as they have the right to do under their contract. If that happens you will receive no gold or other payment. Everyone should read the contract it is posted on the site
  • GoldNRollGoldNRoll Posts: 209 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Nugget Do you have a link to the GM page with this condition?
  • Midas65Midas65 Posts: 36 Copper ✭✭
    Were you guys clients of Goldmoney when it was called Bitgold. It must have been your old account before you opened a holding.
    My laptop sometimes signs me in to my old account by mistake. I have .027 grams of gold worth $1.22 in my former account ....they can have it if they want.
  • mr1mr1 Posts: 375 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    @ReneeWei , I can't tell you how valuable it is to have someone like you from the company on here answering questions and helping out. @Goldmatters does a pretty good job as a liason with the company, but only seems to be able do so much not being an employee.

We've had some staff helping on here before but it doesn't seem consistent and there has been a real lack of direct staff contact for awhile.

Thanks for being here!
  • pppppppp Posts: 31 Tin ✭
    ReneeWei said:

Hi all, Renee here from Goldmoney. If you received an account closure email notification, it’s because you have a Goldmoney account which 1) has not completed verification, AND 2) is not funded, AND 3) has not been logged in for three months or more. As a regulated custodian, Goldmoney will never seize clients’ asset, no matter how often you log into your account. There has been some confusion because in some cases, clients have multiple accounts with Goldmoney – perhaps one for Goldmoney Personal and one for Goldmoney Holding. You may have received a notification because one of your accounts meet the above mentioned criteria (not verified, not funded and not logged in for 3 months) and we intend to close that account only, if you no longer need it. Rest assured that if you have a verified Goldmoney account, your asset is always safe with us. The account closure emails are designed to rid our platform of empty duplicate accounts and people who are no longer interested in using our service. By doing that, we can focus our energy and resources on better serving our clients more effectively.

"AND 2) is not funded, AND 3) has not been logged in for three months or more."

OK, so if it's funded but you don't log in every other week to check your balance, you're all OK?