Wanting to Withdraw Funds but unable to

pppppppp Posts: 53 Tin ✭
Hi,

Is there anyone I can talk to here working for Goldmoney, who can pass a message on to the Verification team or Euan. I sold my silver [want to buy a property] but can not withdraw the funds. Also had no reply to my emails for the last few days about this. just about at my wits end...

Comments

• pppppppp Posts: 53 Tin ✭
    What's happening to Goldmoney? I've been a loyal customer for years, and getting treated like this. I hope the business is not in trouble?
  • BigMouseBigMouse Posts: 142 Bronze ✭✭✭
    BigMouse said:

@Richard_Cuddy2019 can you help?

Thanks for the reply.

I've still had no reply to my messages on Goldmoney. Getting the silent treatment. Beginning to think they think I'm a terrorist or a money launderer or something. And wondering whether I need to write this money off. : (

If they are looking into it further, they should at least recognize your message to allay anxieties.
  • RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 793 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Richard wasn't in the office today or the time zones were off? Give him another day. I don't think you need to write your money off. Goldmoney can be frustratingly slow resolving some of these issues, but I do think they get resolved properly. You will get your money. Unfortunately, you had a lot of delays and worry in the meantime.
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 4,035 Admin
    edited October 3
    @RocketDog @BigMouse I have been made aware that Richard will no longer be available to us on the community as he is no longer with the company.

We will need to go back to using the normal route for any customer service requests for now.

https://support.goldmoney.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Or

[email protected]

Or

Your secured mail message system with your holding.

I have taken down the related post in accordance with this new information.

Thank you people for the responses. All I'm looking for is a quick reply to my message through the usual channel saying they are looking at my situation. I mean, how hard is that? Surely this is basic business practice 101, and would serve to ally any anxieties on my part.

Goldmatters admin, could you possibly email someone to look at my messages. Is Euan still working there? I have dealt with him before, sending him a couple of messages recently besides a message to the account manager. I have to say all these turnovers in the staff is a bit concerning.

OK, will now send yet another message to support as linked above. It's not a lot of money involved [30K], and that is required a down-payment on a house. If this property deal does not go through, due to my inability to access these funds, I am risking homelessness. : (

@RocketDog @BigMouse I have been made aware that Richard will no longer be available to us on the community as he is no longer with the company.

We will need to go back to using the normal route for any customer service requests for now.

https://support.goldmoney.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Or

[email protected]

Or

Your secured mail message system with your holding.

I have taken down the related post in accordance with this new information.

Hi Goldmatters,

What does "I have taken down the related post in accordance with this new information." Has my post been removed from the forum?
    So some progress.

Where the direct messages haven't recieved a reply, when messaging 'support' as linked above at least you get an automated reply. Oh well, at least that's something.. and has inspired me with a little hope. :)
    RocketDog said:

Maybe Richard wasn't in the office today or the time zones were off? Give him another day. I don't think you need to write your money off. Goldmoney can be frustratingly slow resolving some of these issues, but I do think they get resolved properly. You will get your money. Unfortunately, you had a lot of delays and worry in the meantime.

Thanks for the support RocketDog. :)
    Also, just contracted 'Relationship Management' again. I feel like our 'relationship' is not going at all well at the moment. : (
    Oh no! They killed Cuddy! You Bastards!

He was really effective while he lasted.

Hello @pppp,

The post that was removed was my original post regarding Richard’s role on the community. None of your posts have been removed.

I have passed on your concerns to the RMs. That’s the extent of what I can do as I am not a RM and have no access to your holding. Any other questions you have should be directed to your RM.

Thanks Goldmatters, much appreciated~~
    OK, some progress!

Received a message asking me for the source of my funding in the previous year [which hadn't been asked before]. Answered. crossed fingers. : )
    OK, so replied to say my funds had come from the sale of a property the previous year [an odd request I thought but nevertheless...]. Also asked for a timeline for when my funds would be unfrozen.

Was then told my funds would be unfrozen when the verification team had processed the information [this is a truism and not answering the question at all]. I was also asked to provide documentary proof.

OK, so did that also then no reply to thank me for the document or to give a timeline for resolution.

I'm not sure whether they realize it, but it's just terrible customer service. The customer is left feeling like they've been 'bullied' by a bureaucracy.

Oh well, at least some progress....
    You are being bullied by a bureaucracy...that of the USA/Great Britain federal governments. I don't blame Goldmoney for the reqgulations. But I do agree with you that they should provide you with feedback such as "We received the proof of sale documentation, thank you, we will process this ASAP, if you do not hear from us within X days please contact us at this number." It is very frustrating as a customer to have these demands placed upon you without the courtesy of a reply or verification that your documentation was received.
    Unfortunately the regulations are making Goldmoney transactions impractical. That is the purpose of regulation, to make doing business so impossible and expensive that only the largest businesses can afford to participate. Obviously the central and national banks don't want this (Goldmoney) type of disruption in the financial industry. Our only hope is for deregulation to continue under Trump and Brexit or maybe the governments become so broke that they can't enforce their stupid laws anymore. Unfortunately, the governments and banks will be so desperate to grab for everyone's money that they will be the last things to deregulate. Their rules will probably get ever tighter as the upcoming financial crisis gets worse. Time to revolt.
    RocketDog said:

Unfortunately the regulations are making Goldmoney transactions impractical. That is the purpose of regulation, to make doing business so impossible and expensive that only the largest businesses can afford to participate. Obviously the central and national banks don't want this (Goldmoney) type of disruption in the financial industry. Our only hope is for deregulation to continue under Trump and Brexit or maybe the governments become so broke that they can't enforce their stupid laws anymore. Unfortunately, the governments and banks will be so desperate to grab for everyone's money that they will be the last things to deregulate. Their rules will probably get ever tighter as the upcoming financial crisis gets worse. Time to revolt.

Yes, under the guise of anti-terrorist/ money laundering laws, it's really just capital controls. Goldmoney could possibly be a little less zealous in the operation of these regulations, but I wonder if their business model, as you suggest, may no longer be tenable. Given all the hassle, you may as well just buy bullion and bury it in your backyard.... if you have one. lol

I'm under huge time pressure to provide these funds to the bank in order to secure my little corner of the word, and still I have no replies forthcoming to allay my anxieties.

So much for 'Relationship Management'. of course this is just the nature of bureaucracy. To free yourself of it altogether is freedom indeed~

RocketDog said:

You are being bullied by a bureaucracy...that of the USA/Great Britain federal governments. I don't blame Goldmoney for the reqgulations. But I do agree with you that they should provide you with feedback such as "We received the proof of sale documentation, thank you, we will process this ASAP, if you do not hear from us within X days please contact us at this number." It is very frustrating as a customer to have these demands placed upon you without the courtesy of a reply or verification that your documentation was received.

Yes, yes, and yes!

C'mon Goldmoney, is this really so difficult? Manners make the world [and business] go round~~
    Funds still locked up after giving all the required information...... : (
    OK, so everything seems to have been sorted now. Finally have the funds unlocked and in the process of transferal.

Bit of luck, and the property deal should go through. Perhaps look at just burying a bit of gold in the backyard next time. : )
    Hurray!!! That's great news! Thanks for keeping us posted. I hope all goes well with your purchase.
    Thats great. I especially love when people report problems that have been resolved, this is pretty uncommon as mostly we don’t hear about the resolutions so the follow up is appreciated.