Deliver for anything under 13-14kg 'Good Delivery Bars'

Just looking into goldmoney and how everything works. In the FAQ I read:
"Vault operators can arrange for shipment of Good Delivery bars from any of our vaults to anywhere in the world." (https://support.goldmoney.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000697747-To-which-countries-do-you-deliver-bars-)
Seeing as most people will not be holding amounts of this size, i.e., 13-14kg worth of gold bars. How does it work if you hold less? What's the minimum to hold before taking delivery? And does it all go through some kind of buy/sell process with SchiffGold?

For someone not holding that amount is goldmoney just a cheap way to hold some funds in gold but without ever really being able to take delivery in a scenario that you do want to? It's cheaper than an ETF so it's sort of like an ETF - but same in that you might not be able to get the actual physical gold.

Anyone have experience with taking delivery on bars smaller than 13-14kg? e.g. what about a 100g bar?

Best Answer

Answers

• GoldKinJangGoldKinJang Posts: 21 Tin ✭
    yes they are suckers, they won’t even answer :D
  • chocolatebarchocolatebar Posts: 8 Tin ✭
    so basically assume that if you're not hodling 13+ kg of gold you're not going to get physical gold if you want it

so basically assume that if you're not hodling 13+ kg of gold you're not going to get physical gold if you want it

I have more than 13 kg of gold, which means I can easily get them home delivery? Waiting for a response from the administration
  • RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 806 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    @chocolatebar the company called Schiff Gold was acquired by Goldmoney and Schiffgold fulfills physical gold redemption and can ship physical gold and silver coins and bars to many places on the planet. You could contact them to find out if they can ship to you. I have purchased as small as a 10g cube up to 1 oz coins. I have bought the 1/10 oz and 1/4 oz gold coins too. This is still an option for customers with a verified Holding.
    RocketDog said:

@chocolatebar the company called Schiff Gold was acquired by Goldmoney and Schiffgold fulfills physical gold redemption and can ship physical gold and silver coins and bars to many places on the planet. You could contact them to find out if they can ship to you. I have purchased as small as a 10g cube up to 1 oz coins. I have bought the 1/10 oz and 1/4 oz gold coins too. This is still an option for customers with a verified Holding.

I want to send you gold to your holding number, in return I want to get any cryptocurrency, pay all taxes and give you more for coins than they cost on the market
  • RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 806 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    @GoldKinJang you are kinda creepy. No thanks.