30 Great Quotes about Gold.
Ok guys, here we are:
1) "The precious metals are the only monetary assets external to our collapsing credit system. Buy gold and silver for safety reasons."
2) "Place 5 percent to 10 percent of your total assets in gold bullion and selected gold and silver coins. No one knows with certainty whether the coming depression will be inflationary or deflationary."
3) "I see a great future for gold and silver coins as the currency people may increasingly turn to when paper currencies begin to disintegrate."
4) "The tongue hath no force when gold speaketh."
5) "Buy gold and sit on it. That is the key to success."
6) "At a minimum, gold will rise to $3,000. A more likely scenario, however, is that the world's financial system will break down completely. (The basis of that system is the U.S. dollar.) In that case, gold will rise as high as $10,000 to $40,000 - a point at which all credit - paper will be backed by gold."
7) "Like Liberty, gold never stays where it is undervalued."
8) "The modern mind dislikes gold because it blurts out unpleasant truths."
9) "Gold opens all locks, no lock will hold against the power of gold."
10) "Gold is proved by touch."
11) "To prefer paper to gold is to prefer high risk to lower risk, instability to stability, inflation to steady long term values, a system of very low grade performance to a system of higher, though not perfect, performance."
12) "There are about three hundred economists in the world who are against gold, and they think that gold is a barbarous relic - and they might be right. Unfortunately, there are three billion inhabitants of the world who believe in gold."
13) "You have to choose [as a voter] between trusting to the natural stability of gold and the natural stability and intelligence of the members of the government. And with due respect to these gentlemen, I advise you, as long as the capitalist system lasts, to vote for gold."
14) "Although gold and silver are not by nature money, money is by nature gold and silver."
15) "For more than two thousand years gold’s natural qualities made it man’s universal medium of exchange. In contrast to political money, gold is honest money that survived the ages and will live on long after the political fiats of today have gone the way of all paper."
16) "An ounce of gold is an ounce of gold, whether it consists of guineas, sovereigns or eagles."
17) "With the exception only of the period of the gold standard, practically all governments of history have used their exclusive power to issue money to defraud and plunder the people."
18) "If you don’t trust gold, do you trust the logic of taking a beautiful pine tree, worth about $4,000 – $5,000, cutting it up, turning it into pulp and then paper, putting some ink on it and then calling it one billion dollars?"
19) "Gold is forever. It is beautiful, useful, and never wears out. Small wonder that gold has been prized over all else, in all ages, as a store of value that will survive the travails of life and the ravages of time."
20) "The gold standard sooner or later will return with the force and inevitability of natural law, for it is the money of freedom and honesty."
21) "From a strictly economic point of view, buying gold in a major inflation and holding it probably presents the least risk of capital loss of any investment or speculation."
22) "Gold will be around, gold will be money when the dollar and the euro and the yuan and the ringgit are mere memories."
23) "The desire for gold is the most universal and deeply rooted commercial instinct of the human race."
24) "Even during the period when Rome lost much of her ancient prestige, an Indian traveler observed that trade all over the world was operated with the aid of Roman gold coins which were accepted and admired everywhere."
25) "As fewer and fewer people have confidence in paper as a store of value, the price of gold will continue to rise."
26) "As good as gold."
27) "Gold is the soul of all civil life, that can resolve all things into itself, and turn itself into all things."
28) "Gold is worshipped in all climates, without a single temple, and by all classes, without a single hypocrite."
29) "In reality, there is no such thing as an inflation of prices, relative to gold. There is such a thing as a depreciated paper currency."
30) "Governments lie; bankers lie; even auditors sometimes lie: gold tells the truth."