Your physical gold redemption is cancelled?

@Melanie

I've finally decided my make my first gold redemption.

I completed the process, verified my account and was even provided with the tracking number.
2 days later I receive this email below from the Hong Kong Bit Gold support...

I wasn't warned in advance or provided any alternative to redeem the physical gold... This is concerning to say the least.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lin Zhou replied:
Hello Sasha,

This is to inform you your physical gold redemption is cancelled.

Due to high demands of physical gold, we upgraded physical gold redemption process recently and also brought more additions to our platform through our partnership with Dillon Gage.

We will follow up with email next week regarding the following redemption process.

Your gold and deducted shipping fee would be credited back to your account within 2 business days.

Thank you.

Regards,

Lin Zhou

The BitGold Mobile App is Now Available for Download in the Apple Store and on Google Play!

www.bitgold.com | [email protected] | 1-800-854-7418

Answers

• rohanibuang61rohanibuang61 Posts: 2,379 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi @Sash I think the heavy workload by BitGold staffs make it a bit delay. As for members, hope to be patience and thing is going on well from time to time with BitGold
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello @Sash! We apologize for any confusion, Lin will be responding to your support inquiry. Our Support team is actually based here in Toronto, Canada! As you have likely seen from the announcement we sent to your email inbox, we have partnered with Dillon Gage for our physical gold redemption fulfilment. We have contacted any users who initiated a physical redemption just prior to this operational switch to advise them of this change and to let them know that orders would need to be placed again Very sorry for any inconvenience!
  • UvasUvas Posts: 678 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    @Sash

You probably put in your order for your gold in the middle of them switching how they redeemed gold.

You can see you have many more options now, bullion coins, silver, and so on. Its a really nice update I think.

I bet you will have no problem redeeming now that the new system is in place.

Cheers.
  • SashSash Posts: 7 Tin ✭
    Melanie said:

Hello @Sash! We apologize for any confusion, Lin will be responding to your support inquiry. Our Support team is actually based here in Toronto, Canada! As you have likely seen from the announcement we sent to your email inbox, we have partnered with Dillon Gage for our physical gold redemption fulfilment. We have contacted any users who initiated a physical redemption just prior to this operational switch to advise them of this change and to let them know that orders would need to be placed again Very sorry for any inconvenience!

@Melanie

Thanks for the update. It seems that I did not get contacted with regards to this change after the redeem was initiated before the change over.

I've had a look at the new check out and the shipping is almost double now...

• GrandpaBrianGrandpaBrian Posts: 679 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    This situation reminds us that the BitGold service is not yet a year old and still evolving. It is natural, and unfortunate, that a few people might be caught in the transitition process as they add new features and options.

I used the old physical gold process last year, just to test it out. It worked fine. Looking at the new fee structure, it is clear that the handling and shipping fees become much more reasonable when larger amounts are redeemed. Better by far to redeem at least 10 cubes at a time than one.

The coins from the Canadian mint are very beautiful and respected worldwide.
  • KimKim Posts: 636 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @Melanie, good to know from where the issue stemmed and that BitGold is on top of it. Because honestly, @Sash, your post concerned me until I saw her response. Rock on BitGold!
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GrandpaBrian

The Maple Leaves @ .9999 are beautiful coins.

There must be a better way to ship to Canada
  • SashSash Posts: 7 Tin ✭
    Yea, instead of ordering the gold cubes i decided to order the canadian maple leaf.

The coin is more expensive though so you loose grams of gold when comparing gram for gram to the bitcube.

I do like the new products added however the redeem process was already initiated and an email confirming that gold is sent on the way and another email with tracking number provides. They should have honored its completion not to disrupt their clients with such chane overs.

Any new redemption started after the change over would use the new system.

My 2c
  • GrandpaBrianGrandpaBrian Posts: 679 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you @Sash . If confirmation was given, the customer should always get what they expect, even if it has to be done after the fact as an adjustment.