Reversal Payments (Debit / Credit)

SoraSora Posts: 25 Tin ✭
Hello,

I have a small issues that I need to contact my bank about, I put a large portion of funds in to Bitgold - however, my bank transaction has completely disappeared and the funds have been credited back to my banks credit card. However, I have not heard anything about any potential reversals not from my bank or bitgold - so I am wondering how bitgold approaches this as it could be a simple bank error as opposed to a reversal perse.

So regardless of my situation, what if my bank does a reversal of the funds I've added "without my consent" or contacting me prior to ensure it was me that was funding my account, I do not want bitgold thinking I deliberately did a chargeback and have my account closed as a result.

Comments

• 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @sora ( @Melanie )

This is a matter best taken up with Support. http://support.bitgold.com
  • SoraSora Posts: 25 Tin ✭
    79Au197 said:

@sora ( @Melanie )

This is a matter best taken up with Support. http://support.bitgold.com

I am not good at opening support tickets, would prefer to call - however, they are closed.
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monday is a holiday so our agents won't be on phones until Tuesday @Sora, but we'll be answering emails sent in to [email protected] if you've had a transactional issue!
  • rohanibuang61rohanibuang61 Posts: 2,379 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sora lets patiently wait till Tuesday and share your information again from your follow-up
  • SoraSora Posts: 25 Tin ✭
    Melanie said:

Monday is a holiday so our agents won't be on phones until Tuesday @Sora, but we'll be answering emails sent in to [email protected] if you've had a transactional issue!

Yes, I am in Australia and for me it isn't a holiday.

The issue was primarily that I deposited $10,000.00 in to my Bitgold account - it was done on 9th Feb and it cleared my Credit Card. Today being 4 days later it appears that my bank has deleted the actual transaction from my statement and online internet banking account and reversed the payment so my account is again $10,000.00 back in credit.

So I am wondering if the bank has filed a chargeback without me even intervening with them and they not even alerting me to it being done and re-adjusted. I would think the bank would call me first, it is either the bank has made a mistake or there is a reversal in place, by any case I will follow up either Monday or Tuesday and see what happens cause it doesn't make any sense to me why they'd simply reverse the payment without consulting me first.
  • rohanibuang61rohanibuang61 Posts: 2,379 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sora all the best to you
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Sora

Absolutely contact your bank ASAP!

I have a theory … Considering the amount of the transaction. Perhaps the bank's fraud division had suspicions and was looking out for your (actually their) best interests. If your bank has a 24-hour access line I would call them as soon as possible.
  • tshort63tshort63 Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    I'm having a reversal issue too and am not getting a response from service.

1) Setup account and received verification approval
    2) Made ACH transfer to account on 1/13
    3) Was asked to reverify and sent information again as previously sent in step 1
    4) Logged in on 1/20 to see how to order card but ACH was reversed out without any notification, despite re-providing documentation
    5) Made another deposit on 1/20 only to have it in the "pending" column for almost 2 weeks
    6) Sent email to support on 1/20 to find status
    7) Sent 2nd email to support on 2/2 trying to find status

Any suggestions for next steps?
  • tshort63tshort63 Posts: 2 Tin ✭
    OK, mea culpa. I did not read the fine print requesting my documentation as part of a secondary approval requiring information in a different format. Working through the issue now. My D'oh!

It is a bit complicated but there are two authentications required and each has a different threshold for approval by different people.