Has anyone had a problem with declined transactions when using the GoldMoney card.

On occasion, my card is declined. There are dollars on the card and sufficient funds. I'm guessing it has to do with the way the gold money technology is talking or or not talking to the various vendors. Seems to be more of a problem at gas stations and gas pumps, but I've also had issues at box stores. Any ideas?

Answers

• 79Au19779Au197 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭ Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had mine declined at an ATM attempting to withdraw cash and the immediately accepted at another location for making a purchase.
  • GrandpaBrianGrandpaBrian Silver ✭✭✭✭ Posts: 679 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    I found that many of the Canadian gas stations will not accept cards denominated in US dollars at the pump. No problems encountered at stores or restaurants.
  • PrairieSailor_2016PrairieSailor_2016 Copper ✭✭ Posts: 85 Copper ✭✭
    Had mine declined at an ATM in Germany but then it was fine at another down the street. Both took Mastercard so not sure what the issue was.
  • africanstackerafricanstacker Tin ✭ Posts: 3 Tin ✭
    Got an email from support: they said it's possible some vendors don't accept "prepaids". My guess is that there are times that a vendor wants to put a hold that could potentially exceed the balance on some prepaids, so to keep things simple they just don't take them.
  • t_w_s33t_w_s33 Tin ✭ Posts: 13 Tin ✭
    Siiiggghhh... If those merchants only knew what this prepaid was ...:). Honestly though If they dont want to accept my card I could care less about doing business with them anyway.
  • GrandpaBrianGrandpaBrian Silver ✭✭✭✭ Posts: 679 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Things work until they don't.

That's why it makes sense to always have a second option, like a credit card, especially when you are travelling. Many hotels and car rental agencies do not accept prepaid cards, no matter how good they may be.

My wife used her Goldmoney prepaid card extensively on her trip to Ireland last month without any problems.
  • GrantGrant Tin ✭ Posts: 1 Tin ✭
    Last night I tried to withdraw £400, which is my daily limit. It was at a cash machine operated by RBS, outside my local tesco. I heard the machine counting the money but after a longer time than usual the machine said, 'Sorry there has been a problem and the transaction can not be completed.' I quickly looked at my goldmoney accoint and my card was reflecting the transaction had taken place and the funds had been reduced accordingly. I quickly tried another transaction, of £100, it went through fine???

I phone RBS and they said to wait 24hrs before investigating further and that money should be reimbursed and account would reflect this.

So right now there has been no change and I await a response from goldmoney, after an email I sent regarding the issue.

Has this happened to anyone else and is there anything for me to worry about?