A Dollar Collapse & Goldmoney

Hey everyone,

I am pretty new here but was wondering, if there's a dollar collapse would Goldmoney function as normal or would there be some things non-functional such as the pre-paid card due to ATMs and Banks closures?

Best Answers

Answers

• Arendal12Arendal12 Posts: 5 Tin ✭
    Ok then, so what about Switzerland? My gold is being held in Zurich. In a chaos scenario, is there any precedent for the Swiss government to asset freezes?
  • DEdwards110DEdwards110 Posts: 11 Tin ✭
    Thanks for the answers!

I sort of figured this is how things will play out. I too am a pepper and have junk silver, copper coins, and nickels plus food/water supplies. I didn't know Jim Rickards had a new book out. I am definitely going to check it out.
  • DEdwards110DEdwards110 Posts: 11 Tin ✭
    edited December 2016
    @Arendal12

I don't think the issue will be whether or not the swiss freezes your assets (which I don't think they're likely too). I think the issue will be that if the dollar collapse the banking system will more than likely collapse as well. And since transactions evolves around the banking system and a stable dollar, getting your day to day needs with your pre-paid card or even with dollars will be hard or perhaps even impossible in the short term due to supply shortages. But after things settles and normalcy begins to resume again the money that you have in your goldmoney account or the gold you have stored in swiss will place you well ahead of those who are not in the same position.

At least that's my understanding on this.
  • GrandpaBrianGrandpaBrian Posts: 679 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Ask yourself this...

How did the Swiss and assets stored in Switzerland fare during the utter chaos and destruction of World War Two?

I grant you that we now live in strange times. What is real anymore? Is the Trump Rally real? Can the US really reduce its national debt by cutting taxes and simultaneously increasing its spending on more military and more infrastructure? Can America become "great again" by "putting America first" and telling the other 7 billion people out there to be happy with second place or lower?

A gram of gold is real. It was real when Julius Caesar wore short skirts and its real now.
  • 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold in Zürich is probably as safe or safer than anywhere else. Getting access to it if SHTF is another question.

If you are a US citizen, consider a stash of $5s, $10s, and $20s, in addition physical gold/silver in your possession. A stash of food and water never hurts either. I am not a prepper, but I probably should be.
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 4,069 Admin
    @79Au197 would it be fair to say you are prepping to be a prepper?
  • GoldStandardCanadianGoldStandardCanadian Posts: 148 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I used to think preppers were a bit over-reactive. But when I realised everyone has their wealth in central banks, who have consumed and not resolved previous bubbles and market crashes... with huge derivatives that can easily cause banks to shut down... the question changes. You have to ask yourself: What will you do if you can no longer access your bank account? Because you may not realise the incredible risk of keeping all your money in a bank account. The banks are irresponsible gamblers and the people who control money, The Federal Reserve, are Mathemagicians. SDR global money will be a rough transition and take time, so preparing for this transition, should society accept it, will require preparation. The alternative is society will adopt a gold standard... but that requires intelligence, and the jury is out on that.

• 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @GoldMatters @GoldStandardCanadian

One of my favorite quotes comes from the 2004 Indie movie - Primer

What's worse, thinking you're being paranoid or knowing you should be?

And now seriously off topic …

Trailer

Full Movie

An Explanation