Why is there no customer service?

2»

Answers

• RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 823 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    @Superfly9898 I can understand your concern. Truly. Thanks for sharing your observations with us.
  • CaineCaine Posts: 24 Tin ✭
    @SUPERFLY9898

I got money into my account with PayPal. I also sent a bank transfer. Thankfully, I was wise enough to do a test payment of just £10 before I put in any serious money.

I made this bank transfer on the 29th October, it still has not appeared in my account.

This was a UK to UK transfer, which are instantaneous.

There is no reason for it to take over a week, unless they lack the staff to process it on their end (or something more serious).

It doesn't even show up on my account as a transaction.

As you mentioned, they cannot be contacted, @RocketDog, even when I attempt to get phone support by continuing the phone call (thereby indicating I have a holding account), the phone line is not working.

Perhaps most troubling is that no one from Goldmoney is bothering to answer anyone's valid issues on this forum, yet they are continuing to accept new sign ups and deposits.
    I just got an email from a customer support person to say they are working on my gold delivery issue. (And to keep waiting on the ACH for another day or so to see if it goes through.) So there's a sign of life.

I think they are still swamped and understaffed.
  • GoldDustGoldDust Posts: 24 Tin ✭
    I called Customer Service again today at 8:53 AM (PST) and in less than 30 seconds I was on the phone with James. Since my call was in regards to a prior issue that was handled by my RM, Peter, James said that Peter will call me back. In about 10 minutes after we hung up, I received a call from Peter. All my pending questions were answered. So far my experience with GM has been pretty good. Most of my problems are just me not knowing enough about these things, but that is why I'm here taking the time to learn.

GoldDust
  • Worried about these issues. Just cancelled my automatic monthly deposit, and requested physical to virtually close out my account.
  • SUPERFLY9898SUPERFLY9898 Posts: 38 Copper ✭✭
    edited November 2017
    So twice I left a comment saying a certain thing and it has been deleted. So now that is PROOF admin is seeing these threads as they are deliberately deleting comments. But yet will not reply on this to peoples' fears. I only asked which regulators should I send a link of all these complaints we are writing to.
    Admin you can delete what I write for a 3rd time but I have a video camera on the screen this time which will show my comment being posted and the time.
    If you remove my comment again I will include the video to the regulators too. If Goldmoney has nothing to hide then why not man up and join this discussion?
    Like I said I am sure regulators will not take it lightly deleting comments. We have a right to ask who is regulating Goldmoney.
  • CaineCaine Posts: 24 Tin ✭
    @SUPERFLY9898

I've also had quite a few of my posts deleted on this topic.
    @Caine they are definitely reading our posts. Funny when I mentioned I videoed the screen it was not removed.
    I had to message a friend today who I told on Friday to open a Goldmoney account not to do it.
  • DeOmnibusDubitandumDeOmnibusDubitandum Posts: 52 Copper ✭✭
    @SUPERFLY9898 You can try to file a complaint with their regulator, the Jersey Financial Services Commission:
    https://www.jerseyfsc.org/the-commission/about-us/contact-us/

Like others I am currently also having the problem that I cannot withdraw any funds for no understandable reason from one day to another. Having several thousand $$$ in my holding all of this starts to worry me a bit.

When they don't resolve this issue ASAP or don't even comment on this I will go to the police and file charges for fraud and take legal action.
    @DeOmnibusDubitandum Thanks for the link. I will send it to the Jersey people today.
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 4,069 Admin
    I have been instructed that the JFSC regulates the Jersey holding only and has no jurisdiction over the Personal and business accounts. But if you have a specific concern with your account I will definitely make sure support see its and you can take it with them from there
    @Goldmatters I am in the UK. What regulator do I complain to then about Goldmoney?
    The way Goldmoney treats it's users is shocking!
    My account still pending since Saturday. Ridiculous!
    For the record, I attempted to withdraw $1000 from a Personal holding via ACH on Nov. 3 and the transaction cleared on Nov. 8, with the money squarely in my bank account. The withdrawal time of 5 days is consistent with deposit times and in my opinion, the ACH withdrawl from a previously established account to a US bank is working as expected.

Still no resolution on a gold/silver physical redemption that has not been shipped after 7 weeks. I have heard from a couple of customer support people at GoldMoney that they are "checking with the shipper".
  • GoldDustGoldDust Posts: 24 Tin ✭
    @RocketDog : Thank you for the update. This is usually what I have observed. It takes time for the transactions to be processed and posted. After all, there is an actual labor / transaction associated with the moving and sale of gold. I'm glad to hear that your ACH transaction has completed successfully. Please keep us posted in regards to your redemption process. I hope all goes well there.

GoldDust
  • PowerlunchmoneyPowerlunchmoney Posts: 274 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I'm sure we can put away our tinfoil hats, but this support issue needs to be addressed ASAP.
    @powerlunchmoney How did you know about my hat? :o
    I contacted support again on the 7 week physical redemption issue. I was finally informed that the shipper said they were out of one of the items I ordered. There was some error that prevented Goldmoney from being notified of the delay, so they didn't know and didn't tell me. They asked if I wanted a different item (of same value). I said "Yes, please ship it."
    After reading several of the threads for the past couple of days, it seems like the log jam of issues is starting to be resolved. Good to see the progress.
  • Lone_StarrLone_Starr Posts: 104 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @RocketDog Did you ever receive your metal?

It's been two weeks since my family member requested gold and nothing has been delivered. What is very odd is both the shipper and my family are both in Texas.
    Hi @Lone_Starr. I have not received any metal yet. On Friday, Goldmoney Customer Support said they would send an equivalent replacement for the item I ordered, which was out of stock. But I have not yet received any shipping confirmation or metal.
    Normally the shipments do go out in a few days. The times they did not, there was a problem and I had to remind them to send me the metal. They said they did not get notified from the shipper that my order was delayed. And they say that the shipping confirmation should be received in 1-5 days. So your family member should contact customer support about it, if they have not do so already.
    I think the thing that is so disturbing about the delay in delivery is that there is no evidence of the metal in your account after it is withdrawn for shipping. I think it would be good if they could indicate any outstanding orders on your dashboard. Then, it wouldn't be like your money just disappeared into thin air.
  • Lone_StarrLone_Starr Posts: 104 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @RocketDog Any updates on the physical delivery?
    HI @Lone_Starr. Yes. Physical delivery was completed this week. It was a long wait, but everything came through.