Why do Goldmoney keep changing their deposit options?

EmilyEmily Posts: 4 Tin ✭
Why do Goldmoney keep changing their deposit options? First they removed bank transfer, now they've removed credit/debit card payment. The only deposit option I have now is bank wire, which completely negates the point of having Goldmoney in the first place. Is there a way to get around this?

Comments

• AsterixAsterix Posts: 11 Tin ✭
    They really need to enable credit card deposits. My guess is that they are trying to phase out regular personal accounts.
  • RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 821 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    @Emily, I believe Goldmoney has been the victim of over-regulation regarding the ETF transfers which have been removed from both the Personal and Wealth Holdings. This is also why they have to get rid of the Goldmoney Prepaid cards until they replace them with a vendor not in the European Union. I don't know why they removed credit/debit card payments, but it makes @Asterix 's point seem likely.
  • ChipperChipper Posts: 17 Tin ✭
    edited October 2018
    The situation is very disconcerting. I redeemed some gold and it was sold (confirmed) and opted for a wire transfer 11 days ago; and still no funds remitted. So, if I cannot access my property, to pay my obligations to others, which is damaging my reputation, what does that mean?
  • EmilyEmily Posts: 4 Tin ✭
    Update: I'm in the process of migrating to Holding, and it appears that there is still no bank transfer option. You do have the ability to pay with credit/debit but with a '3%' fee, which isn't really 3%, since it is subtracted from the amount you want to transfer (eg you want to transfer $1,000, it subtracts $30, so you transfer $970) making it a 3.09% fee. A small difference but it's still inaccurate and deliberately misleading...
  • TimKTimK Posts: 90 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Wire Transfer isn't all that great either. GM Whacked me 19.00 dollars and my bank whacked me 16.00 dollars. So it cost me 36.00 dollars for a wire transfer.
    I believe the same thing. That GM is trying to phase out the personal accounts by giving those with personal accounts no other option but to transfer to a holding account.

I've been a customer since the bit gold early days. I'll admit at this point I have grown so weary of the changes that I'm strongly considering closing my account. It has become too much for me with all the changes.
    There are no more ACH transfers and now my card has been eliminated. There are not many options left.
  • coinradcoinrad Posts: 15 Tin ✭
    Originally a US-based personal account holder after logging-in one day to find the ACH option gone I finally bit the bullet on linking-in a Holding Account and after verification tested the waters with a Paypal deposit at 2% which went through smoothly.