Will Goldmoney Still be selling our Crypto on May 6th? - When can we transfer to our own wallets.

SecretsSecrets Posts: 59 Bronze ✭✭✭
Goldmoney stated that if we do not sell or move our crypto by May 6th it would be sold and the funds deposited.

I've asked support when we can transfer to our own wallets and they are saying the functionality is not built yet, so no way to transfer holdings.

I would prefer not to have a taxable event from a sale, or worse, miss a run in price so can GM confirm if they are extending the deadline or adding the ability to move the funds?

Comments

• pppppppp Posts: 31 Tin ✭
    Hi, I am also caught up in this Bitcoin event here at Goldmoney, where suddenly we were told that the service would be withdrawn. I've gone through a long and lengthy process to verify documents for my Goldmoney account [for some reason... seemed like it was just to chew up time] for them to tell me their 'tool' is still not 'live'. I'm starting to wonder what is going on... and beginning to lose confidence... The communication has been appalling. Anyone else in a similar situation?
    Secrets said:

Goldmoney stated that if we do not sell or move our crypto by May 6th it would be sold and the funds deposited.

I've asked support when we can transfer to our own wallets and they are saying the functionality is not built yet, so no way to transfer holdings.

I would prefer not to have a taxable event from a sale, or worse, miss a run in price so can GM confirm if they are extending the deadline or adding the ability to move the funds?

I've been told they will extend their deadline if they do not have their 'tool' operational. Other than this bare sentence, I'v been given NO other information.... I'm starting to get nervous.
    OK, so finally been sent this video that puts my mind at ease. I don't know why something wasn't provided earlier. The poor quality of communication has astounded me... mechanical and formal without addressing the client's concerns.

The video is published April 17th, a week ago. Is this facility available for anyone yet? I'm thinking maybe I had to provide the verification documents [what a headache] before they would activate this tool for my account. Still being given 'the tool will become live shortly'. No time-frame is being given... feels like I'm getting the run around. : (
  • SecretsSecrets Posts: 59 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Its not available for me and no indication that anything is required on my end before it becomes available. Just that the tool is not ready yet.

Thanks for sharing the video.
  • ProsperProsper Posts: 14 Tin ✭
    I can't wait. I'm not selling. HODL just like my precious GOLD, my precious
    Hi Prosper, are you not concerned at all that the process to move BTC holdings at Goldmoney to our own private wallets is taking so long?
  • ProsperProsper Posts: 14 Tin ✭
    I’m not. I’ve been asking about the move since a month ago. Now we have the video and a change of terms for withdrawal. If anyone wants to donate their crypto to a good cause send it to me. It will be used for an actual education fund, if enough funds are received, and proof of cause will be provided. As they say now a days no cap. Graduate school is expensive.