NCIB

GoldIsCurrencyGoldIsCurrency Posts: 1,808 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
When is enough enough?

Does this company work for the short sellers or shareholders?

Get on that NCIB and stop messing around.

Comments

• nienie Posts: 129 Bronze ✭✭✭
    edited July 30
    What do you mean with NCIB?

Update: "Notice of Intention to make a normal course issuer bid"
    https://www.goldmoney.com/corporate/news/goldmoney-inc-announces-normal-course-issuer-bid-2019
  • GoldIsCurrencyGoldIsCurrency Posts: 1,808 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @nie Yes that is exactly what I am referencing.

Honestly beside myself with this management team.
  • BigMouseBigMouse Posts: 138 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I am frustrated with the share price too. But i prefer GM spend resource to improve customer service which should help the share price in the long run.
    I think that @Roy Sebag is a smart guy. We will see what he does to help GM (and MENE). :)
    edited August 6
    BigMouse said:

I am frustrated with the share price too. But i prefer GM spend resource to improve customer service which should help the share price in the long run.

GM has plenty of resources, the books are in tip top shape with plenty of cash. Improving customer service levels should be an ongoing mandate for every company. Customer service should be job 1 no matter who the company is.

I have owned shares from the beginning. There has been numerous changes in direction for the company. From BitGold accounts, to Goldmoney Personal and Business Accounts. From a company that was aiming to disrupt the Payments sector, to a Goldmoney savings account. A failed Block Vault chapter in there as well to a Goldmoney China that was very exciting, to not happening at this time scenario.

In the beginning with BitGold the company was doling out roughly 100k a week in free gold for customer sign-ups as this was the initial marketing model. Money has been spent on various directions with the best investment value being MENE. I am happy with the Mene business model however I would like to see it Marketed and grown.

I am not the only one that is frustrated and considers this XAU share price absurd for all the value under the Goldmoney umbrella. A few weeks ago I saw tweets from Josh Crumb in regards to the exact same thing. Why is the market not seeing any value, why is the share price here...

All I am asking is for something small like 10,000 shares a week. Something to SHOW THE MARKET. Hey look at us as we are undervalued and we are showing you that by buying some shares at these levels. You start buying back just a mere 10,000 shares a week for 2 months and watch the market wake up. That is PEANUTS of expenditure. I think it is the very least Goldmoney can do for their shareholders.

• BigMouseBigMouse Posts: 138 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @GoldIsCurrency well said! I have a feeling GM has some kind of issue need to be sorted out before they can scale up. Could it be regulatory related? Or the platform/system related? I do not hear Roy talks about GM very often. It is all MENE these days.
    This is the reason why I recommended two have two CEOs instead of one. However, MENE has a margin of 20-25% and thus the shareholders of MENE and also Goldmoney have a higher benefit when @Roy Sebag is promoting MENE.
    Is Goldmoney buying back some stocks now? It not, they should do it now before Gold is over 2k.
    nie said:

Is Goldmoney buying back some stocks now? It not, they should do it now before Gold is over 2k.

Unfortunately no buybacks showing on Insider Buy reports. :/

Will they spend some peanuts on behalf of their LONG TERM shareholders? Crystal intelligence only goes so far. I sure hope they have enough street intelligence to wake up. They need to show Mister Market.
    Qtr results are out. Time to chew some off with that NCIB. No black out period now.
    edited August 21

Qtr results are out. Time to chew some off with that NCIB. No black out period now.

Still nothing on insider buying reports. Come on @Roy Sebag my brother from another mother. Have you accepted this as our share price? I haven't. Lets chew some off with that NCIB. Show your shareholders that you care bro. Show some love. Cheers.
  • RocketDogRocketDog Posts: 761 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you know, Apple Computer was under $2/share for 20 years before it took off. Is it possibly too soon to be so impatient?
    XAU has at least announced a press release with "Goldmoney Inc. Announces Normal Course Issuer Bid". Until now, nothing happened. I like the idea of buying small amounts every week (e.g., for 5k CAD).
    RocketDog said:

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but you know, Apple Computer was under $2/share for 20 years before it took off. Is it possibly too soon to be so impatient?

Rocketdog. This doesn't even trade at NAV. This is unacceptable! Don't be calling me impatient as I have owned shares since day 3 of this ever trading. I have over 4 years booked into this and I am holding bags. That is ridiculous.

What is the sense of having an NCIB if they are just going to sit on it and do nothing? This management team needs to signal MISTER MARKET by buying 10,000 shares a week. I am not asking for the moon here. Just 10,000 shares a week. That costs peanuts to signal the market.

OK. I hear you. You have every right to rattle your cage, if you think it will help. My shares are below purchase price (on average) as well.
    edited August 23
    @RocketDog Sorry if I have come off rude in my response. I am frustrated that the management team has let this go on too long.

After the last Equity Raise (which was unnecessary) the share price has performed terribly. Goldmoney shares got over diluted and some of those shares went into terrible people's hands. Yes I know more than I should about this. That equity raise was done at $4.30 per share for nearly 7 million shares to raise 30 million cash that wasn't required. (late 2017)

There are no excuses for management to take peanuts from that 30 million to buy a measly 10,000 shares a week (my personal suggestion, quite frankly they should be buying more) to show the market that this company is worth more than $2.20 a bleeping share. All I am asking them to do is signal the market. I am not asking them to buy millions of shares back. 10k of shares a week to wake up the market is nothing. At this point it is the least they can do for shareholders. My patience is worn as everyone can see. I am not the only one thinking what I have posted above. Plenty of investors have sent me private messages through twitter in regards to this. I am just not the shy type to sit there and wish like others are doing. I am to the point, honest, vocal and forthright.
    I appreciate honest and forthright. And you know a whole lot more than I do about the history of the stock.
    Sorry I used the word, "impatient". Poor choice of words. Maybe words like, "disgruntled," "dissatisfied," "unimpressed," and "frustrated" would have been better. I would sure like the stock to go up at least a buck or two (or five). But I have only had mine for two years and probably don't have as much as you do, either. It does seem strange that a company with such good earning....and a product "good as gold" has such a poorly performing stock.
    @RocketDog It is all good RocketDog we are on the same team, no worries.

You are right, it is odd the stock performs this poorly. I will give it some more time and see what happens.
  • mau5trapmau5trap Posts: 29 Copper ✭✭
    @GoldIsCurrency would be nice for sure. Gold miners have big days, XAU does nothing. The bull market has finally resumed, they are cash positive, and nothing. Back to back great quarters on a cash basis might do the trick. Just have to wait.
  • GoldNRollGoldNRoll Posts: 210 Bronze ✭✭✭
    In this discussion I said:

"GM stocks are currently valued more in line with the stock market indexes more than the physical gold."

Yesterday XAUMF lost 2.49% while the gold mining companies, junior mining in particular, rose:

https://etfdb.com/etfs/industry/gold-miners/

That enforces my belief that GM is perceived as a fintech company, not a bullion business. GM must change hats... somehow.
    edited August 24
    @GoldNRoll

Meanwhile Mackie Research comes out yesterday with an $8.25 price target for Goldmoney shares. So the short sellers paint the close red. Shorts owning the sp movement.

Ride the gold rally with Goldmoney stock, says Mackie Research

https://www.cantechletter.com/2019/06/ride-the-gold-rally-with-goldmoney-stock-says-mackie-research/

You can bet your last dollar if gold comes back down we will be riding that "rally" down. No rally up but we will see the down. No NCIB action from Goldmoney. Not good. Really not good.

To be able to buy some of that $4.30 diluted paper back at $2.20 you would think management would see the value in that while also supporting their shareholders like shareholders have supported them.
    @GoldIsCurrency
    Thanks for sharing the Mackie Research link. Long term GM will ride the gold rally, no doubt.
    I pray the GM board will decide to buyback those 10,000 shares a week ASAP, only to see your relief posting :)
    Yes I probably have posted too much about this. That is because I firmly believe this is the right thing to do for all involved when we are trading at an irrational share price like we have been. Cheers @GoldNRoll
    $2.09 baby. Let the good times roll!

That is what happens when management can't follow simple instructions.

N
    C
    I
    B

Wake up Roy before you lose all your investors.

What would your idol Eric do?

Signal the market super star.
  • powslayerpowslayer Posts: 118 Bronze ✭✭✭
    @GoldIsCurrency The share price sucks no doubt. But it's a speculative stock. it could go to 20 dollars in a matter of weeks. or it could go to 20 cents. My point is, if you cant handle the heat get out of the fire. Diversification helps a guy sleep better! all the best.
    edited August 31
    You are right. The reality is the business model has changed many times and is now significantly different then when I invested. I wish MENE's value would be reflected in XAU's share price but there is this odd disconnect. I have grown tired of that. I don't get it but my patience is done, I do realize that now. So I will layer out of XAU which I realize I was only still holding for the MENE exposure. I will just hold my direct exposure MENE shares as I do like that vertically integrated business model which I see as having significant growth potential once they are ramped up enough to gear some marketing to the mainstream. No worries I won't be posting about GM any more. Good luck to everyone.
    @GoldIsCurrency
    Warren Buffett: "Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful".
    I'm fearful about GM shares because GM wears the fintech startup hat , you're fearfull about GM shares because they don't do the NCIB. Maybe we should act against our feelings. Maybe Buffett buys GM shares now to sell at 200 USD/share in 2021.
  • mau5trapmau5trap Posts: 29 Copper ✭✭
    @GoldIsCurrency I certainly wouldn't be scared to share your feelings. All shareholders are stakeholders. Ultimately it's up to Roy, but his intentions are aligned with ours. If you believe GM is having a great qtr (which I do) this may be a good time to add more and be patient.
    @GoldisCurrency please don't leave. (Sell your stock if you want, but I appreciate your insight and enjoy your postings.)
    Conversely, I was watching a video about Anthony Deden, who is runs an investment company for old money in Europe. He is using old world investment practices as in he avoids finance companies all together. Here is what he says, and I will include the link below. It is a very long video, but if you find this sort of thing interesting you may enjoy it. I loved it. It was re-affirming and refreshing. I will let you watch to see what he says about gold.

"There is a substantial difference between people who are investors and people who are owners of businesses. No owner of a business wakes up every morning asking himself what he’s worth then why should an investor if he actually believes he is a part owner. And if he believes he is a part owner then his first goal is to make sure the company survives, has a great product, a happy workforce, stable suppliers and a delighted customer. Now to think like that an investor needs to have time preference which is different from other people." -Deden