Any news of SEPA ?

It's not a new issue but apparently it still wants a satisfactory answer.
I'm new here and I'm discovering that at the moment there's simply no way to make a deposit from Europe under reasonable conditions : Crazy !
So, any news ?

Best Answer

Answers

• nico2000nico2000 Posts: 12 Tin ✭
    +1 for this question! Would be interesting!
  • golden_grgolden_gr Posts: 664 Bronze ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    @ARFART @nico2000,

Hi and welcome to community.
    Still no news about SEPA. :(
    But European customers, still can buy gold via bank wire, credit (debit) card and Bitcoin.

i hope @Melanie have any new about.

:)
  • arfarfarfarf Posts: 11 Tin ✭
    edited March 2016
    Thanks for the answer, Melanie. Please do keep us updated. The "issues with the transaction volume" confirm this is an important feature for many of us.
    Thanks for the welcome, golden_gr. There are indeed other ways of making deposits but I don't find them suitable. If I end up paying 3-4% in fees, I know I'm not going to transfer, save or invest money, but lose it. For me, the point of Bitgold is to offer a cheap and easy way into and out of gold. If it fails to provide this liquidity, I don't think it's much use.
  • golden_grgolden_gr Posts: 664 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Melanie said:

We will keep users updated on deposit and redemption options, more are on the way! Our previous SEPA provider ran into issues with the transaction volume and could not manage it, so unfortunately it is unavailable for now.

thanks Melanie :)
  • rohanibuang61rohanibuang61 Posts: 2,379 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @arfarf @nico2000 just patience and using other alternative modes. The same issue about vault in Dubai location where BitCoin transacted there and cannot redeem to GoldMoney card B)
  • TurbotonyTurbotony Posts: 4 Tin ✭
    Melanie, It has been like 5 months nearly and you still want to convice us they are working on it. No they are not.
    The most complex problems can be solved and this can't. Its is a poor show that it has to take so long. Set up a european channel of payments please that we can use IBAN and even maybe Ideal payment solution.
    Awaiting your update, thank you in advance.
  • TurbotonyTurbotony Posts: 4 Tin ✭
    @Melanie. Good morning. i understand what you are saying, but i can't wire transfer funds. even my bank send me packing and said come back with a IBAN number. this is the fist necessity to be able to start using the account. I can pay by card, which is limited, and then wait a month ect.. can you give us a time frame in which this will be resolved for us? the banks are melting down here and we can't even move funds. thx in advance.
  • MelanieMelanie Posts: 1,045 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turbotony Best option for the time being is to use a credit card (as we offer processing in GBP, EUR, CHF) and then pay the credit card off from your bank account. This is less expensive than a wire transfer, faster, and you may even earn some reward points depending on your card plan. I know if it not as convenient as a direct banking option, but it is a low-fee way for you to make a deposit at the present time!
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 4,068 Admin
    The Legend @Melanie is right, this is what I do :)
  • powslayerpowslayer Posts: 118 Bronze ✭✭✭
    I second that. It's the only way to go in my case. Gotta love those credit card rewards