Tipping point.

GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 4,020 Admin
What was the tipping point that made you trust Bitgold enough to put your fiat into it? For myself I found myself chomping at the bit when I first heard about Bitgold so I may be a bad example. I supposed I was predisposed in that I was already looking for anywhere else to put my money than in a non yielding bank deposit. What was your tipping point?

Comments

• 79Au19779Au197 Posts: 4,047 Gold ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ArtMatters

I signed up almost immediately. Searched the web and YouTube for info. Then - "nothing ventured, nothing gained" - deposited some fiat, ordered the beta PrePaid Card, and started "test driving" it.

No real tipping point for me. The liquidity and low cost of BitGold really sold me. That and interviews with @Roy Sebag and @Josh Crumb .

Additionally @Josh Crumb and I are both Colorado School of Mines Alumni - so that was a big confidence booster. Not just anyone gets out of CSM with a degree.

Truth be told, I credit the Neal Stephenson book Cryptonomicon for discovering BitGold when I did.
  • GoldmattersGoldmatters Posts: 4,020 Admin
    @79Au197 So 2 case studies that really didn't have to be sold at all. Rock on brother
    @ArtMatters not statistically significant
  • zulu1520zulu1520 Posts: 294 Bronze ✭✭✭
    Funny you should say that @Conno123 Bitcoin is also what brought me here. I started to mine Bitcoin from this company called Genisis Mining a cloud mining company. https://www.genesis-mining.com/a/263311 If you are interested and for 3% off mining contract use this promo code TEACo7. So I was doing some research on this new crypto currency called ethereum " smart contracts technology " and went to this guy YouTube page who was promoting bit gold along with Bitcoin and ethereum he was telling us you can buy gold with Bitcoin that's nothing new but what sold me was the gold money card and how he went to Europe and use the card with no problem. From there I was sold and have been an active member ever since. It trips me out that I can make 10% a month mining virtual currency and change that currency into real gold.
  • Conno123Conno123 Posts: 81 Copper ✭✭
    @zulu1520 Interesting....isn't it becoming increasingly difficult to mine BitCoins now that the number in circulation is steadily rising up towards the limit?
    @Conno123 you are right but the scarcity should also drive up the price of bit coin therefore making it more profitable. The halving should come in a month or so driving up the complexity of the math and straining the supply.
    @Conno123 Great background story and very interesting. I have also noticed that even sometimes "experts' even gold experts have gotten Bitgold very wrong. Another example well documented here is Peter Schiff. He ripped Bitgold hard many times (jealous) until he was publicly spanked by @Roy Sebag . Now schiff is pro Bitgold. I'm glad you took the plung as you are already turning into a valuable resource to the community:)

@zulu1520 I will be very interested to see what happens when the halving occurs...
    @zulu1520

"This guy YouTube page" David Seaman?

Does David Seaman work for bitgold?
    Wow he is the Editor and chief of business insider
  • jmr5djmr5d Posts: 218 Bronze ✭✭✭
    What was the tipping point that made you trust Bitgold enough to put your fiat into it?
    I think it was a process that began before running across Bitgold. I had been reading a lot over the years and watching the price come back down from $1800, but it always just seemed to inconvenient to get started.

To get my feet wet without much risk, I had started slowly buying silver rounds. Then I ran across Bitgold and started seeing things like:

A.) it would remain easy to slowly accumulate over time;
    B.) the website and iPhone app were simple and easy to use;
    C.) the premiums were low and easy to understand;
    D.) there was a free debit card to easily access funds if needed;
    E.) storage was fully allocated AND segregated;
    F.) STORAGE WAS FREE WORLDWIDE(!)
    ... (it was about this time that I was tripping over myself to sign up :smile: ).

But honestly, the most important features to me were the free segregated storage at Brinks and the low premiums.
    @zulu1520
    zulu1520 said:

Wow he is the Editor and chief of business insider

Why do you say that?

I thought he was just a YouTube personality . But business insiders is one of my favorite sites to read business articles. So It jusy made me a bigger fan of David.

http://www.businessinsider.com/author/david-seaman
    @zulu1520 thanks did not know that

I also did not know that @DavidSeaman is in our community, I just found out
    @jmr5d Great points! It does seem like many Bitgold customers are evolved gold enthusiasts. I would say that being a Bitgold or Goldmoney customer is at the pinnacle of understanding when it comes to gold. Very interesting mental/emotional process to get here:)
  • DavidSeamanDavidSeaman Posts: 23 Tin ✭
    great to hear I was your "tipping point" @zulu1520

Love the community here.

By the way, I am not the 'editor in chief' at Business Insider lol. I was EIC at a small site, that was part of my bio their system pulled in... must have cut part of it off (that bio is years old). Great site though.
    @DavidSeaman love your work man! See you on Twitter!
    @DavidSeaman

Your YouTube videos were part of my due diligence
    @ArtMatters Nice! I see you on there sometimes as well... you're very passionate about gold ownership :smiley:

@79Au197 Glad to hear. Once I saw that BitGold is the real deal, it's a no brainer how useful and innovative this could become over time.
    @DavidSeaman lol yes I am:) with the help of your informative videos ;)
    Appreciated @ArtMatters! I'll be sure to keep the videos coming! :)
    @DavidSeaman and I'll be sure to watch them!
  • nigelmarkdiasnigelmarkdias Posts: 1,323 Silver ✭✭✭✭
    Great videos @DavidSeaman
    I came to BitGold because of the GoldMoney debit card: spendable gold @ArtMatters
    All satoshis into BitGold, @zulu1520 @jmd244
    I live in Dubai @Conno123. Which part of the Middle East are you at?
    @nigelmarkdias the card is one of the main linchpins of the whole platform. Brilliant idea!
    @DavidSeaman keep up the good work!!!!